News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Way to Help the Rescue Mission

Started by Leah, November 17, 2008, 11:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I tried to merge this topic with the classifieds so it would be in both boards and it didn't work as anticipated.  The reason I was encouraging you to use the classifieds is because the forum members were polled whether we should establish  ads but the ad seem to be used very little.  Yours seemed like the ideal post for the fund raiser board. Moderators can move topics but it can stay as you posted.  Thanks for being understanding.

Leah

So, do I move the post or is that done by a forum or site administrator?

Thanks!

Leah

ForumManager

It is not offensive - but there is a place in the classifieds specifically for fund raisers and it  is also promotion of a local business.

Leah

Sorry, if I offended anyone or the location of this post was considered inappropriate.

Personally, I considered it an announcement, rather than a classified ad.  I have used the classified ads to promote my business and my products in the past.  I considered this post to be news, not advertising.

In addition, I was trying to encourage others to take advantage of this opportunity or do something like this themselves.  I was trying to rally community support, not just promote myself.

But, if other readers feel it should be moved, I won't pitch a fit, take my toys and go home.  :-)

ForumManager

Perhaps this post could be moved to the classifieds section?

Leah

I posted a while back that I was interested in hearing from community groups in need of fundraisers.  I am happy to report that I just spoke with the Mahoning Valley Rescue Mission.  I am going to create an area on my business website just for the Rescue Mission.  Any time that someone places an order through that area or references the Rescue Mission, I will donate 50% of my profits to the Rescue Mission.

Most of us are planning on buying holiday gifts.  Shopping through www.yourhousesmellsgreat.com and referencing the Rescue Mission will do triple duty.
1.  You get your holiday shopping done.
2.  You help the Rescue Mission.
3.  You support a local small business owner.

In these tough times, I like knowing that one purchase can achieve 3 things.  We've got to look for any way that we can to make the most of our financial resources.

My products make great gifts and I have items for every budget.

I would like to get different types of charities and organizations on board to do the same thing.

I'll keep you all updated and let you know when the Rescue Mission section of my site is complete.