News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Price for Gasoline

Started by jay, June 24, 2005, 04:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOLOCH

JUST BECAUSE PATTI AND I DO NOT LET YOU BULLY US AND WE LET YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR WRONG DOES NOT MEAN WE RUIN THE BOARD, JUST YOUR DAY  ;D

I AM SORRY TO SEE YOU GO - I LIKE CORRESPONDING WITH YOU ;D

ytowner

this board was once a good place to talk but you and patti invaded it and I am GONE..

I am one of the top posters on here and now I wont.. The site sucks now with your arrivals and My site will get back to work..

BYE FOREVER.

MOLOCH

WELL GUESS WHAT EINSTEIN - I AM A MANAGER OF A GAS STATION!

I DID PRICE RAISES ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY - SO YES AGAIN -
YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT - AND I DO!

YOU SHOULD READ GETREAL'S POST  IN THE - WHO WOULD YOU ENDORSE HAGAN OR WILLIAMS THREAD - I QUITE ENJOYED IT!  ;D- YOU NEED TO READ IT!

ytowner

Moloch why don't you use your brain before you make stupid comments like that. Oil is down below $63 now.

And Moloch the crude gives you a direction of where the gas prices will go and if the oil doesn't rise by the end of this week the gas prices will go down.

GAS STATION OWNERS MAKE THE MOST MOVES AT THE END OF THE WEEK RE: PRICES BECAUSE OIL ISN'T FOR SALE OK.......

USE YOU DAMN BRAIN BEFORE YOU TALK I'M A FINANCIAL ADVISER ANYWAY SO I'D KNOW...

your just a grump all the time and your precious MAGGY won't win for gods sake.

you know waht screw this board.. all i get is angry comments from you and your maggy supporters and this board has begun a piece of trash now.

MOLOCH

NOT AT THE PUMPS - THOSE PRICES HAVE NOT MOVED SO WHO GETS THAT $3 - THE OIL COMPANIES! I HOPE YOUR RIGHT ABOUT 45-50 BY THANKSGIVING - BUT I DOUBT IT.

THERE ARE BATTERY OPERATED CARS FOR CHILDREN - THEY NEED TO START WORKING ON MAKING BIGGER ONES.

ytowner

BUSH HATERS.... Crude Oil is down $3.00 today despite a fall of 5 million barrels...

this economy will outduel the crude and in the long run the days of 45-50 a barrel will be here by thanksgiving..

ForumManager

I believe that the fluctuating/rising gas  prices are also a detriment to the environment.  It was explained to me that fueling during the day is bad for the ozone.  I have never seen the gas stations busier. I frequently need to wait in line which was uncommon in the past.  People are buying  smaller quantities of fuel, more often, with hopes that the next day or two will bring the price down.

Wind, sun and water are resources the energy companies should be pursuing and probably are, but as long as they can make these outrageous profits on oil and coal why should they bother until every drop or lump is gone?

jay

Peak Oil is a term that is used to describe that time in the near future when oil production worldwide will start to decline as the oil reserves are depleted.  What we have today is merely a result of rising demand outstripping rising supply. When supply stops rising and begins to decline, as it will inevitably do, that's when the problems will intensify.

The remainder of this message was copied from a recent posting to the Ohio Association of Railroad Passengers' Yahoo Group.

Think of all the things in our economy that depend on oil (and natural gas, which comes from the same wells as oil)....food, heating, clothes, transportation. Of course, since our entire transportation system is dependent on oil, that means our entire economy is just as dependent. Equate the oil economy to a human body which, if it loses just a few percentage points of water, that human body is in serious trouble. Same goes for economies around the world, if they lose a few percentage points of oil each year.

Peak Oil isn't some nuisance thing, like paying a few dollars more for a gallon of gas. It's a lifestyle-altering, world-changing thing. We may be at the early stages of Peak Oil. Maybe we aren't there yet. We won't know until some time after it happens. But Peak Oil isn't about paying a little more at the pump, such as up to $4 per gallon. It's about paying a lot more -- $6, $8, $10. And, that's just the pocketbook stuff...

Peak Oil is about airline companies failing (already starting).

Peak Oil is about nations going to war to secure oil supplies (already starting).

Peak Oil is about suburbs shriveling up and cities unable to cope with housing shortages.

Peak Oil is about rich nations falling into economic depressions and poor ones into civil war.

Peak Oil is about the oil-rich Arabic countries unable to sustain their ruling classes, giving way to more fundamental Islamic revolutions and regimes.

Peak Oil is about populations going hungry because there isn't enough oil to make fertilizers.

Peak Oil is about cross-globe mass migrations of people seeking to survive.

Peak Oil is about people being unable to buy clothes, which are made from oil derivatives.

Peak Oil is about people freezing to death in their homes because they can't afford heating oil or natural gas.

Peak Oil is about to happen, and there's nothing we can do to stop it. If we started now to find a replacement for oil, and pursued it on the scale of the Manhattan Project, it would take 10-20 years to transition over to that new source(s) of energy. We missed our opportunity to make that smooth transition. Now, we have the opportunity to make a rough transition. If we miss that window, will we be able to afford making any transition?

Oil is an amazing commodity, which has no equal in terms of its affordability, portability and convertibility. It has so much condensed, stored energy in it, that burning a barrel of the stuff, worth just $67, can do the work of hundreds of laboring humans. Nothing is ready to make up for its decline, not even close.

And that's the problem.

MOLOCH

DID I SAY BUSH WAS WRONG NOT TO TOUCH THE RESERVE - NO - I DO NOT FEEL IT IS A BIG ENOUGH EMERGENCY FOR THAT. ONCE IT IS GONE WHO KNOWS WHEN IT WILL GET REPLACED - WE MAY NEED IT LATER.
DO I THINK DRILLING IN ALASKA IS WRONG - YES - BECAUSE
THE LAST THING I HEARD WAS THEY WERE  NOT MAKING OIL COMPANIES RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING UP THEIR SPILLS - THEY GAVE ALASKA MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO BUILD A BUSS STOP AND A BRIDGE (THIS WAS IN THE VINDICATOR). THAT WILL NOT HELP THE ECOSYSTEM WHEN THERE IS A SPILL. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO PUT IT IN A CLEAN-UP FUND FOR THE ACCIDENTS - I AM SURE THERE WILL BE MORE SINCE THEY WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING THEM UP - I THOUGHT THE ALASKA DRILLING PASSED THOUGH? IF NOT - THAT COULD EXPLAIN WHY THE PRICE HIKES. CREATE A SITUATION SO THE PEOPLE BACK HIS PLAN. HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE IN THE OIL BUSINESS AREN'T THEY? SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT IS WHAT IRAQ WAS REALLY ABOUT, THE OIL. I THINK IT WAS FINISHING WHAT DADDY STARTED. I WISH IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED FASTER - IT WOULD HAVE HELPED IF THEY PUT A BULLET IN SADDAM'S HEAD WHEN THEY FOUND HIM.
UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A BAD HURRICANE SEASON. -
 2 MOS AGO I WAS GIVEN A CHART AT THE OIL COMPANY I WORK FOR - THE PRICE RANGE WAS 2.25 - 3.15
BUT I HOPE YOUR RIGHT AND THOSE WERE JUST SUMMER PRICES. I HAVE A BAD FEELING THE CRIME RATE WILL RISE ALONG WITH THE GAS PRICES IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

ytowner

Now you're blaming Bush for the gas prices. Well guess what he is all for drillin in Alaska and use more of the Florida reserves which DEMOCRATS are totally against.

You can hear things. I have a track on this and it will top at 70 bucks a barrel by labor day with prices at a max of 2.70 a gallon and will fall through Thanksgiving; that is if the hurricanes aren't too bad. I do think though with my financial friends and my financial brain they will fall to around 50-55 dollar a gallon and back to around 1.90-2.00 a gallon come Thanksgiving.

ITS NOT BUSH'S PROB.. HE DID ALL HE CAN BUT THE LOSER DEMS ARE ALL AGAINST MORE US Drilling!

jay

Some Suggestions

Walk, Bicycle, Ride the WRTA, Carpool
Use Fuel Efficient Vehicles

MOLOCH

I HEARD IT IS SUPPOSE TO GO TO OVER $3 A GALLON BY LABOR DAY! THEY ARE SAYING - DO TO REFINERY EQUIPMENT PROBLEMS THEY CAN NOT PRODUCE ENOUGH. - THERE IS A RESERVE BUT BUSH DOES NOT WANT TO TOUCH IT. - BY THE END OF SUMMER IT WILL HAVE ALMOST DOUBLED IN A YEARS TIME! WISH MY SALARY DID THAT!

TO BAD WE CAN NOT RIDE HORSES IN THE CITY - IT WOULD BE CHEAPER. THAT IS UNTIL THE FARMERS START TRIPLING THEIR PRICE FOR HAY - BECAUSE THEY CAN'T PRODUCE ENOUGH!

AMERICANS BEND OVER!

ytowner

so why on earth are you blaming this COUNTY about this problem? Its the worldwide problem.. It will fall back to around 2 bucks soon when oil is at 48 bucks a barrel by the end of summer... OPEC will be increasing production of the oil..

but this COUNTRY has done well this year being energy efficient in the case with the gas prices

..IMHO...

jay

The price of gasoline is on the rise again.

China is now attempting to buy Unocal in an effort to acquire the company's large oil reserves.

Worldwide demand for oil has now surpassed production.

The era of cheap gasoline is over.  

The U.S. economy is in trouble because the country and its people are not energy efficient.