News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Web site

Started by Towntalk, October 05, 2008, 05:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it.

I used Tripod for several years with no problems, now thy pull this, and I have to start from scratch. Its a real bummer.

ytowner

Honestly, create a blog on www.wordpress.com. They got this one template on there that you could use to post tons of content, sort of like a website instead of a blog... Trust me, once you go to wordpress, you'll never go back to tripod!

Towntalk

I took my Tripod web site down tonight because it was playing games with popup ads that couldn't be closed and I couldn't get into my site. Does anyone here know of a host that has free website hosting other than Tripod?

The key is FREE.

I don't object to them putting up ads, but whe those ads prevent access to the site itself, the I draw the line.

Fortunately I saved the greater number if the links I had so it will be no problem getting them back up.

Sorry that this message does not relate to the usual topics here, but I could sure use some suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions.

By the way the hosting site should not be in HTML language.