News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question For All

Started by Towntalk, October 07, 2008, 11:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary_Krupa

I was at Sheely's Furniture store today and it was pretty crowded. I was surprised.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

ForumManager

We are pretty frugal - will  probably give less to charitable organizations.

northside lurker

I'm not trying to brag, just adding some balance to the thread.

I'm not really changing anything.  Sure, I'm going to watch what I spend a little more closely.  I'm not going to be buying a 60" plasma screen TV or anything like that in the near future.  But, I'm pretty comfortable overall.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

sfc_oliver

I think Goodwill is going to see us a lot more often.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Elmo-Ytown

I eat out a lot less, drive slower, and bargain shop whenever possible.

AllanY2525

I've decided to rent all three spare bedrooms in my house, to help make ends meet until things get better...

:(

Towntalk

There isn't anyone here who doesn't want to support the local activities including dining out, but given the state of the economy, how are you allocating your resources knowing what you know about what's happening.

Are you changing nothing?
Are you changing some things?
Are you changing all your priorities?

We know for example that for the time being that economic conditions will get worse before they get better ... that those of us who have retirement funds are taking big hits thanks to the stock market chaos ... we know that the costs of goods and services are going through the roof ... and we also know that wages are stagnating and not keeping pace with inflation, so how are you dealing with it on a day to day basis?