News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Stripped homes to be demolished.

Started by sfc_oliver, August 05, 2008, 03:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amgladdeb

I agree , I live on the west side, I contacted the auditor many times to request info for squatters rights since I cut the abandoned property's grass to keep rats away, instead they demolished the house.  Why do they no longer offer the 1.00 buy a house and to repair, the city would profit by receiving property tax's, now that abandoned field next to my place is on ebay for 1500.00 which is the back property tax due , and no one will buy that lot now.

sfc_oliver

I just wonder does anyone in Youngstown really care about these abandoned stripped out homes. I see that WYTV covered a double empty house fire on the north side, Yet a fire on Sunday on the south side left 2 families homeless and was totally ignored (this fire started in the empty house between the two). The Fire department seemed to not even try to stop one occupied house from burning to the ground. And one hydrant that was first accessed hadn't worked in 3 years.

I hope this isn't part of Youngstown's cleansing program. One of those families had been in that neighborhood for 50 years.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>