News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Endorsements

Started by Towntalk, February 01, 2008, 11:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Unfortunately celebrity endorsements are a very important factor when it comes to national races, witness the number of celebrities that are coming out for Obama and Clinton.

Another question is - Just how much importance do you place on what is said on the talking heads network shows. It's painfully obvious that CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS are all for Hillary Clinton, but no one makes their preference more obvious than CNN, the so-called "best political team on television", and none shows his bias more than Wolf Blitzer.

jay

I don't care for celebrity endorsements either.

Towntalk

This is very strange, because the Vindicator by tradition was the voice of the local Democratic Party from its inception back in 1869. On it's editorial pages it was consistent in it's slamming of the Republicans especially in the column "Olio" a series of hard hitting one liners as well as "The Man On The Monument" column that would appear every Sunday (back in the days before any of you were born).

ytowner

No Endorsement impresses me other than the Vindicator endorsing the Republican candidate every year in the big elections....

ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT
http://valleyred.wordpress.com

jay

To learn about the candidates, I make sure that I attend several local candidates' forums.

I am not impressed with the endorsments of the local newspaper.
There are too many yard signs.  Yard signs should not be placed on vacant lots.

Towntalk

When you are sifting through all the information on the candidates, how important are endorsements to you?

(a) What endorsements impress you and help you make up your mind about who to vote for?

(b) What endorsements turn you off a candidate?