News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Group Workcamps coming to Youngstown

Started by BRB43212, October 05, 2007, 10:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRB43212

I just wanted to let everyone know about an exciting program that I am involved with. My church is co-sponsoring a youth mission trip with Group Workcamps Foundation to Youngstown this summer from June 22-28, 2008. There are over 400 youth and adults from churches around the country signed up to come to our workcamp with 200 more on a waitlist. While here they will be completing home repair projects for elderly, disabled and low-income families. Approximately 60-70 homes will be worked on over the week. Work projects include interior/exterior painting, porch and wheel chair construction, weatherization and numerous other projects.

We are currently accepting applications for home repair and need help reaching people who may need assistance. If anyone knows an elderly, disabled or low income family who may need some minor home repairs please pass this information onto them. An application, along with more information, can be found at our website: www.millcreekworkcamp.org  The deadline currently says October 15th but is going to be extended to the end of November.

I, myself, have attended these mission trips through Group Workcamps (www.groupworkcamps.com) for the past ten years and have always come home with an amazing experience. We cannot wait to bring this type of program to the city of Youngstown as well as to show the participants who come here how great our city is. If you want more information you can send us an e-mail at millcreekworkcamp@yahoo.com