News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA

Started by Towntalk, August 28, 2007, 02:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Does anyone here remember the Fingerhut Murder Case?

The reason I ask here is because Mr. Fingerhut and his wife had a restaurant in the WRTA station. My partner and I worked down at the station for several months and I would stop in there for sandwitches after finishing up a part time job at Powers Auditorium.

As I understand, that case and the Dr. Munda Murder case had many things in common. Mrs. Fingerhut was cheating on Mr. Fingerhut and had him killed for his money, and Mrs. Munda had her husband killed for his money.

jay

One of the craft vendors at the North Side Farmers' Market depended on the WRTA buses for transportation.   With the curtailment of Saturday bus service, the artist will not be able to sell crafts at the market.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on August 28, 2007, 02:20:40 AM
WRTA will cut Saturday service they say to save money ... but what about the folks that depend upon the bus to get to work? They don't seem to matter to the WRTA board.
I believe they have to cut services if they're not lying about their budgetary woes.  No matter what routes they cut, someone will be affected.  I would guess that those going to work on Saturday are a small minority of the total number of riders.  It looks to me like the WRTA is trying to affect as few working people as possible.
QuoteWhen their next levy comes up, it should be voted down by so wide a margin that they either bring in other communities or shut down completely. As it is, WRTA is worse than useless with most of its buses running empty or with just a couple of passangers most of the time.
How will LESS money help them retain, restore, or even expand services?  Based on the cuts posted at Federal station, it looks like they are trying to eliminate the mostly empty buses.
QuoteSince the tax payers are footing the bill, it's we who should be telling them what they will or will not do.
Most tax payers aren't riding the bus.  To me, that seems like a pretty clear message to cut back services when there isn't enough money.
QuotePersonally, I do not depend upon the bus service, but my heart goes out to those workers who will be affected by these cuts.
Thanks.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

WRTA will cut Saturday service they say to save money ... but what about the folks that depend upon the bus to get to work? They don't seem to matter to the WRTA board.

http://www.vindy.com/content/local_regional/343766722614469.php

When their next levy comes up, it should be voted down by so wide a margin that they either bring in other communities or shut down completely. As it is, WRTA is worse than useless with most of its buses running empty or with just a couple of passangers most of the time.

Since the tax payers are footing the bill, it's we who should be telling them what they will or will not do.

Personally, I do not depend upon the bus service, but my heart goes out to those workers who will be affected by these cuts.