News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Touch The Moon Candy Saloon: Grand Opening

Started by ytowner, April 12, 2005, 08:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

MasterNAte2003

I would have to agree with kitten: speciality shops are great, but general basic service businesses need to be there too. But, Y-town News does bring up a good point, why arn't the businesses that started in the city, like Handel's, still in the city? THe corporate HQ for Handel's is in Canfield! Also, why arn't more of our local maedia in the downtown? WFMJ is the only on here, WYTV, WKBN, and all the Clear Channel stations are in Boardman. BRING THEM BACK TO THE CITY!!!

ytowner

Haha. Are you out of your right mind if you think I mean more candy shops. Haha I hope not. I mean like different shops and stores and you know stuff that YTOWN Is known for. LIKE HANDEL'S ICE CREAM!

kitten44505

Just how many candy shops can the downtown area support? What is needed for example is a drug store, a variety store such as a Dollar Store, and perhaps a Big Lots. Restraunts are fine, but face facts, the downtown area can only support so many, and I feel that a lot of you folks would like to see a dozen eateries on every block.

Remember that Federal street consists of nine blocks east west, and most of the land at this point is already accounted for. As to the side streets, there may be space available, but again, the downtown area can only support just so many of any kind of business...that is a fact.

Once the saturation point has been reached, that's it, and no businessman in his right mind is going to invest his money on a business when there are already too many of that kind in the area.

It's so easy for people that aren't risking one red cent of their own money to sit around and call for more candy stores, or eateries, they have nothing to loose. It's quite another for a businessman to take a good hard look at the area before considering a risky investment that could cost him money.

ytowner

Yeah.

But we need more and more shops similar to this downtown.

kitten44505

Fanny Farmer was a very small store when it first started up, and look at where it went over time. At least another businessman has invested in downtown Youngstown and we should all support him so that he can see it worth his while to expand.

jay

I purchased items at the store a few weeks ago.  The facility is actually located in the basement of the Peggy Ann Building. The store is accessed from the S. Phelps Street side of the building.  It is a very small storefront.

ytowner

FROM YTOWN NEWS AND VIEWS

[shadow=red,left,300]FROM VINDICATOR {NOT WEBSITE}

YOUNGSTOWN- Touch The Moon Candy Saloon will celebrate its grand opening at 10 A.M. Saturday at 8 S. Phelps St. downtown. James F. Sutman is the owner of the store, which offeres Velvet Ice Cream, Starbucks Coffee, candies and handmade gift items.

B-5 Of Tuesday's Vindicator

Starbucks sounds good. I wonder how big this place really is?[/shadow]