News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Block Watch Meeting

Started by Shirley, March 31, 2007, 09:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Thanks for giving your block watch report.  I encourage other city block watches to tell us about their group's activities.

Shirley

We had a nice meeting. The police officer took some complaints and will check into them. One was about a suspected drug house. Our complaints could be considered minor compared to some other areas of Youngstown. We wish all the problems in Youngstown were minor. We were given CITYWIDE NUSIANCE COMPLAINT FORMS
by the police officer and our councilwomen (Carol Righetti). You can fill out the form and mail to the police department. Some of the items addressed on the form include
Yard Waste/Accumulation of junk, debris, trash, tree limbs or branches
Grass/Weeds are over 10in high
Trees of shrubs blocking sidewalks
Indoor furniture/discarded furniture/appliances in yard,  on porch, in public view
House needs repair  etc
Vehicles parked on the grass
Unlicensed, abandoned or inoperable vehicle on property
Suspicion of drug activity
Suspicion of prostitution
Vicious unleashed dogs or barking dogs
Loud music/vehicle playing loud music
I am not sure how the police can or will handle the complaints but I guess it is a start.
Everyone deserves a nice, safe neighborhood.
Our meetings are the first Monday of the month at 7:00PM in room 103 at St. Brendan's

Shirley

The meeting for the West Side Nosey Neighbors Block Watch will be Monday, April 2nd at 7:00PM in
room 103 at St. Brendan's. I am not sure if we will have a police officer this month as Officer Rutherford is out of town training will the new police dog. From what we understand the police dog will be in service around Memorial Day. Councilwomen Carol Righetti usually attends our meetings. We discuss any problems that are going on in our area. So if you get a chance attend the meeting and find out what is happening in the area. All are welcome.
Hope to see you there.