News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

More Jobs Going

Started by Towntalk, January 31, 2007, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I went to the website for the Youngstown Fire Department and did a search on Gypsy Lane and it looks like they respond to alarm calls at 500 Gypsy Lane.

ForumManager

There is a jog  and it includes the golf course and it also looks like it includes the hospital.

Towntalk

Went to the site and found 500 Gypsy Lane.

The Youngstown maps are wrong in showing the jog in that area.

ForumManager

Quote from: Shar on February 01, 2007, 09:42:58 AM
I don't know if those jobs are currently in the City.  Isn't it Trumbull County on that side of Gypsy?

I believe you are correct. 
The Mahoning County property listing show property owned by Forum to be some houses and vacant land across Gypsy. 

I have a friend who worked at Forum and I do not recall her saying they paid Youngstown city taxes, when we've had conversations about taxes. But maybe they do.  Forum's business address is on Market Street in Mahoning County.

Here is the link at the trumbull county property search for the propoerty and they do not pay property taxes due to charitable exemption

http://69.68.42.167:7036/bhapropertysearch/ureca_asp/resultsform.asp?h_pid1=06022+21200&h_pid2=06-000005&h_criteria=taxes

If you click the map link on that page , it will probably not work...you'll need to go through the site and view the pages that way.  Search for 500 gypsy in the address search.
http://69.68.42.167:7036/bhapropertysearch/ureca_asp/index.htm

Towntalk

The people at Forum definitely pay city income tax. The very many articles in the newspapers and on TV news have stressed this fact over and over again ever since Forum ran into the problems that they are facing today.

As I understand it, Forum North is technically in Trumbull County, but it's not unusual for a business in one community to pay employee income tax to Youngstown.

Again, if you look at some County maps, there appears to be a jog in the border between Mahoning and Trumbull Counties in that area. I never did get a good explination about this.

The Youngstown Public Golf Course run by the City is also in this immediate area.

Shar

I don't know if those jobs are currently in the City.  Isn't it Trumbull County on that side of Gypsy?

jay

Several hundreds of thousands of dollars in income taxes will no longer be paid to the city when these jobs move to Boardman.   

jay

I can't remember where I heard this.  Doesn't Mayor Williams sit on the board of one of the hospitals?

Micky

This is really sad news for the valley, especially the city of Youngstown. 
Tod Children's Hospital was a wonderful facility for kids.  Not sure about how much it's changed recently, but the nurses, especially in the Neonatal and Peds Intensive Care, were very experienced and a special breed for sure.  Even though some may be hired by St. E's/Akron Childrens, it's a great loss.

Youngstown is falling apart faster than ever before.  If all we can attract to this town as far as businesses are concerned are low-paying jobs, cash advance places, or small businesses that fold within a year, we're in deeper trouble than we think.  Soon we may not have enough general fund money for public services, including police and fire. I don't want this city to fall apart further than it has. 

Towntalk

It was announced today that Tod Childrens Hospital will close and some 150 good paying jobs will go from the city.

Akron Childrens and St Elizibeth will open a Children's Hospital in Boardman.

How is the city suppose to make a comeback if it is bleeding jobs?

I for one am sick and tired of seeing this city raped as more and more jobs move to Boardman, yet  these hospitals expect the city to sign onto every grant application that they file for Federal funds that will not benefit the city.