News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

State of the City Address

Started by Micky, December 20, 2006, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

That's why I mentioned the youngstownchannel...don't they film the council meetings and put them online? It's not live though.

jay

Too bad it can't be broadcast over the internet like the scanner feed.

ForumManager

My son says...maybe WYSU?

Or how about another radio program with a remote?

ForumManager

Maybe the youngstownchannel will be filming

Ted

I do agree with you that the address should be made to entire city. However, how many people would actually attend? The mayor's event will have a captive audience of about 800 people. Also,the local media will be there to cover it. Perhaps the media would be inclined to tape the State of the City Address and rebroadcast it.

Micky

The Vindicator reported today that the Mayor will speak at his Ball in January and give a State of the City Address.  The only people who will hear that speech will be paying $45.00

As bad as Youngstown has become (some good things happened also) why can't the mayor speak out to all of the citizens?  Don't you wonder what plans he has to curtail the violence and crime?  We feel like everything is either a secret or that no one has a plan at all.

We sure would like to live on a street where most of the police men and women live - we'd feel safer and oblivious too.  Financial burdens keep us where we are - for now.