News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Jay Please council

Started by Towntalk, July 10, 2015, 02:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I agree the city made a very, VERY poor design decision way back when the sewer lines were built
in/through the park.  City's overflow should have been directed straight into the Mahoning River,
DOWNSTREAM from Milll creek's mouth on the river.

The toxic waste from the mills would have killed all the bacteria, probably!  I'm joking here, but then
who knows....

I don't however, blame the current administration for this unfortunate (and short=sighted) design flaw..
....they cannot  be held liable for that legacy mistake.  The city should talk to the EPA to see if there are
any interim things that could be done to help mitigate the overflow problem until the permanent solution
is completed..

Towntalk

Thank you Jay. As far as I'm concerned, the City of Youngstown should be required to pay the full cost of cleanup and all damages to the Park. It's the city's fault to begin with.

jay

I passed by Lake Newport several times this week.  I could definitely smell the fish.

Towntalk

Jay, you get around quite a bit, so could you please advise us about conditions at Mill Creek Metro Park, and just how bad the odors are? Have they gotten rid of all the dead fish yet?