News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Citizens Coalition political Forum

Started by PD, February 23, 2015, 09:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: iwasthere on March 09, 2015, 07:41:16 PM
ytown 2010 plan has effective tools to make ytown a success story but city hall reps and its leaders do not have the stomach to make hard core decisions that include reduction of wards, cut council and pres of council pay, eliminate the position of pres of council, reduce ALL dept heads salaries by twenty percent, shut off roads that have no houses, and try to create a middle class from the working poor that lives in ytown.

Iwasthere - totally agree with you.  Youngstown could do just fine with 5 council people, NO
council president and a city manager could replace the mayor, as long as the person holding
the position does a good job title won't matter.

The sooner the city takes unused streets and land "off the grid" the better for it.  Scrape
them off, plant baby trees and turn them into green space.  No more eyesore, no more
mowing grass, weeds, no more paving, fixing broken pipes and sewers,  etc.

This should be moving forward regardless of who is currently in power, or who is currently
responsible for the city plan.  Youngstown NEEDS to LOOK like it was always a smaller city
versus looking like a larger one that has been gutted.

iwasthere

a couple of national and international anchor stores would put that area on the must do retail map for usa residents for a shopping spree with the right leadership in the ytown city hall. I do not see Sharon woodberry, the ecomonic director for ytown as the driving force behind this big undertaking for ytown. she does not have the big business connections, power brokers nor the experience for this job. her brother tj Rodgers the 2nd ytown council is no big power broker that can help her to see this UPTOWN adventure to the beginning, middle then to the end. ???

Towntalk

What's so sad is the fact that the Uptown district could be a major economic center for retail trade again with the right leadership in the 6th Ward.

iwasthere

thx for the encouragement my frd. the sixth ward has not had any serious representation for over thirty yrs. the sixth ward residents must work together to bring their ward up to the levels of the 4 5 and 7 economic levels. the residents must embrace the 2010 plan ideas to life. if we do not the ytown ss will sink even further into extinction. :'(

Towntalk

Now that you are in the 6th Ward iwasthere my friend, I hope that you are as active as you were here in the 7th. You could be a mighty force for change.

iwasthere

ytown 2010 plan has effective tools to make ytown a success story but city hall reps and its leaders do not have the stomach to make hard core decisions that include reduction of wards, cut council and pres of council pay, eliminate the position of pres of council, reduce ALL dept heads salaries by twenty percent, shut off roads that have no houses, and try to create a middle class from the working poor that lives in ytown.

AllanY2525

Quote from: jay on February 23, 2015, 01:51:17 PM
A question for the west side candidates

What is your opinion of the Youngstown 2010 Plan?

The Youngstown 2010 plan is, effectively, dead.  From what I have read, isn't the Y.N.D.C.
taking over the whole project?

iwasthere

Quote from: PD on February 23, 2015, 09:50:01 AM
I am Helping Gary Davenport put together the Agenda and questions for the April Political Forum for the 4th and 5th Ward
We are going to have a set of main questions for all candidates and then open it up to members in the audience. 
We didn't like how the 7ward coalition wouldn't allow this

My point is if you have Good Overall Questions to ask all the Candidates please post them here:
I too, did not care how 7th ward has ran their candidates forum. one person had too much power to pick and choose questions. >:(

PD

Sammarone could have done it last year before they opened but he didn't because his son was running for probate. He didn't want to hurt his chances. What a political hack he is.  He cost the city. Lot of money

Towntalk

Wow PD, what a great idea ... annex the Racino area into Youngstown? That my friend would make for the most exciting event since the battle between Youngstown and Girard over mill land. Bring it on baby!

PD

How about

Would you Support a plan to Annex the Austintown Racino area?

PD

Good question. How about an add on if the mayor adopted would they support?

jay

A question for the west side candidates

What is your opinion of the Youngstown 2010 Plan?

Towntalk

:)  Thanks PD,I'll be looking forward to it. (7th Ward that is) and have a good day my friend.

PD

They are having one for the 7th ward in March I believe. In the 7th ward. The one for the wscc is for 4th and 5th only