News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

SHAMEFUL WEST SIDE BUSINESS

Started by Towntalk, January 11, 2015, 06:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

I don't see a problem.  Gift shops are designed to generate revenue for a venue generally by offering worthless items that are purchased either because they are keepsakes from a visit or are used for decorations.  The primary goal of the gift shop is making money, and there is a price range that they have to stay in if they actually want to generate sales.  Chinese products can be purchased wholesale at a low enough price to assure a profit margin that will provide net revenue to support the facility.

You have to keep your priorities straight.  The primary goal is to generate revenue to support the gardens programs, not making sure that some factory in Wisconsin stays afloat.  Trying to push for American made products in gift shops basically will wipe out a very good source of income for many nonprofits.  It won't bring back the heyday of American manufacturing, but it will harm many cash strapped museums and similar facilities.

cc4

That's the beauty of being a consumer.  You can purchase only those items that are made

in this country.  And if you are so inclined, you can mention to the cashier why you are not

purchasing items at the Fellows' gift store (as I did when I visited it once) and hope it gets back

to the buyer.  I have found that locally made goods can be purchased at the various farmers'

markets and at small shop opportunities like the Ward and B & O art shows.

Towntalk

Just taking a page out of a certain person's playbook.

Answer to all your questions: Mill Creek Metro Park Fellows Riverside Gardens in their gift shop are selling items  with the label "MADE IN CHINA".

SEE LETTER "MILL CREEK MERCHANDISE"
http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/jan/11/dui-mess-with-ypd-shows-corruption-is-al/?newswatch

Rick Rowlands

What the heck are you talking about?   Who,what,when,where,why and how.....

Towntalk

One west side business should hang it's head in shame. The very idea of this business doing business with COMMUNIST CHINA is to say the very least OUTRAGIOUS IN THE EXTREME, and when that same business is reaching into the pockets of area homeowners and robbing them of their hard earned dollars to enrich COMMUNIST CHINA then it's time for all God Fearing, Red Blooded AMERICANS to BOYCOTT this WEST SIDE BUSINESS AS WELL AS THE CORPORATION THAT OWNS IT.
BUY ONLY GOODS WITH THE MADE IN THE USA LABEL AND SHOW THAT YOU ARE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.