News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

2014 RETURNS

Started by Towntalk, November 04, 2014, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Who knows. There are 3 of them.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

So, will this be the one settled on?

Peggy Gurney

NEWSFLASH Annie.  It lost by ONLY 120 VOTES.  That is not a large margin, so she should not be patting herself on the back.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

The big question is, will Gillam and company allow that map to move forward since she has made it abundently clear that she is opposed to any change by her statement last night.

"I'm glad people saw the need to keep seven wards," said Councilwoman Annie Gillam, D-1st, who opposed the proposal. "I had a feeling it wouldn't pass, but you never know what people will do. I'm glad they voted against this." - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/nov/05/youngstown-voters-reject-ward-fracking-a/#sthash.Tzhflrlk.dpuf

Peggy Gurney

I don't know that there will be a recount, but I certainly hope one is called for.  120 votes is certainly close enough to qualify for one.

As for redistricting, City Council has already had a new map done and new lines drawn even before the election, so that will go forward.

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I had (to myself) predicted a razor thin victory for the redistricting amendment...hope
the recount will be the sharp edge needed to pull it off.....

???

Towntalk

The big question is what will the Mayor and Council do about redistricting?

Peggy Gurney

Issue 7 was defeated by 120 votes.
But like TT said, that should be close enough to qualify for a recount!

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Towntalk

Close enough to qualify for a recount.

Peggy Gurney

Wow REALLY close on issue 7

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

ISSUE 4
NO - 58
YES - 42
ISSUE 7