News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Special Service Transit

Started by jay, May 22, 2014, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: iwasthere on May 24, 2014, 12:15:33 PM
pg go to the monthly wrta board meeting to voice your concern. the meetings are the fourth Thursday of every month at their headquarters on Mahoning ave that are scheduled at three pm.

I will do that, thank you!
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on May 24, 2014, 11:37:33 AM

Unfortunately, every time my mother has called them, they're either booked, or unavailable for that day, for whatever reason.
pg go to the monthly wrta board meeting to voice your concern. the meetings are the fourth Thursday of every month at their headquarters on Mahoning ave that are scheduled at three pm.

Towntalk

Peggy, it's very easy for people who aren't in the position for needing these services to talk ... too too easy I'm afraid, yet they will one day be in our position, where they will have to depend upon others, and then lets hear what they have to say.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: jay on May 22, 2014, 10:28:24 PM
This is a good way for some senior citizens to get around our community.

www.wrtaonline.com/services_sst.html

Unfortunately, every time my mother has called them, they're either booked, or unavailable for that day, for whatever reason.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

For those who don't know what epicurean means

ep·i·cu·re·an (ĕp′ĭ-kyo͝o-rē′ən, -kyo͝or′ē-)adj.1. Devoted to the pursuit of sensual pleasure, especially to the enjoyment of good food and comfort.2. Suited to the tastes of an epicure: an epicurean repast.3. Epicurean Of or relating to Epicurus or Epicureanism.n.1. A devotee to sensuous and luxurious living; an epicure.2. Epicurean A follower of Epicurus.

Towntalk

;D  And I did too my friend. I may be old, in body but as for my mind, I'm filled to overflowing with the wisdom that has been acquired lo these past 60 years, and have not lost any of my love for good old fashion debate where each side takes off the old gloves and goes at it nose to bloody nose.  ;D 
A precious few here also know another  side of this old gal that she doesn't usually show, and that is her love of the arts especially music, and when I say music, I'm not talking about the crap that passes off as music on the radio and Billboard 100 list. And it's not limited to a single category either, as my library of some 8000 songs will attest, and her appreciation of the fine arts, and I don't mean the stuff that some folks here go into a swoon over at that warehouse on Mahoning Avenue. I'm referring to the Butler Institute of American Art and its world famous holdings, and The Youngstown Symphony Orchestra.
I may not be the wealthiest old chick in the hen house, but my taste for the finer things in life surpasses the whole lot of you all combined (no offense) with a handfull of exceptions.  :) But when one is the poster child for fine living, there is little else that needs be said.
As to dining ... sadly Youngstown for the present is devoid of the sort of restaurants that I would want to dine out at, so I must settle for my own epicurean talents and prepare my own food, which by all standards is worthy of a whole series on the Food Channel, and at least two cookbooks.

AllanY2525

Town talk,  if I was back in Youngstown you would definitely be going out more.  I still
remember our day trip to Mill Creek Park...it was a fun afternoon.

:)

Towntalk

Fer the most part I as one of dem old broads get along just fine thanks to my friend, but unfortunately he does have a day job with serious responsibilities, and can't haul me around to every do that rolls down the rabbet patch, and since some folks who would want me to ram hither and tither to all the do's that they (he) thinks are so all fire important don't wanna help an old lady out, don't come around blamin' little old me fer not goin' to all them shindigs. When I was a lot younger and in a position to help my elders I didn't need asked, but did it out of the goodness of my little ol' heart.

jay

This is a good way for some senior citizens to get around our community.

www.wrtaonline.com/services_sst.html