News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

S. Portland & S. Lakeview Cleanup

Started by jay, August 18, 2006, 07:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

For the most part, we went only as far as we could reach from the sidewalk and only picked up trash.  Trash in people's yards (even the renters' yards) isn't that bad.  But trash accumulates along the streets.

Overgrown weeds aren't a real big problem on the side streets.  Along Mahoning, we cleaned up trash and weeds--specifically at the intersection of Mahoning and Lakeview. (weeds were particularly bad at that intersection)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Question -
What exactly was cleaned up?
Did the people go on to private properties or was it just the street?
Was it only trash or weeds too?
Just curious.

AllanY2525

Congratulations, way to go!

When neighbors get together and take a personal stake in the neighborhood, things can
only get better for everyone in the neighborhood.  We cannot expect city government to
be the answer to every problem, given their current budget.  It's time for the private
sector to step in and help make Youngstown more of what it used to be in better days.

Allan
:)

northside lurker

I think it was a pretty successful event.  I didn't count, but I heard we had about 25 people show up.  We even cleaned the short strecth of Mahoning between Portland and Lakeview.  We will also be posting new block watch and neighborhood adoption signs.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

South Portland & South Lakeview
Cleanup Day

Saturday, August 19, 8:30 a.m.

Assemble at the Old Fire Station
Mahoning at Eleanor
West Side of Youngstown