News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Medical Marijuana Petition

Started by jay, October 03, 2013, 10:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Westside - ANY controlled drug that can be obtained at a pharmacy is an "illegal drug"  for anyone without
a doctor's prescription.

Marijuana, in its natural form is illegal ender most circumstances - all of us already know that.  What I am
suggesting is that the pure extract we were talking about below be treated (and handled) like any other
controlled substance that is currently legal ***provided the possessor has a valid prescription from a
licensed physician. ***

Simply said, the extract should be classified as a prescription drug - the natural "weed" should remain
illegal,

Driving while taking the extract would be considered "D.U.I." and therefore be I illegal as well.

Towntalk

There are literally hundreds of "legal" drugs that are habit forming due to derivatives of opiates, and they are investigating exactly what Allan was talking about.

northside lurker

Quote from: AllanY2525 on October 30, 2013, 02:50:20 AM
Another good reason that marijuana should not be legalized - Jay pointed out something I overlooked,
which is that the active ingredients can be extracted and made into a pharmacy drug without the plant
matter - it need not be burned and inhaled to deliver the active ingredient to a patient with a legitimate
need for it's medicinal properties.

I didn't know that it was useful for treating seizures as well.

But, that extract is still a derivative of MJ, and would be illegal.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

Another good reason that marijuana should not be legalized - Jay pointed out something I overlooked,
which is that the active ingredients can be extracted and made into a pharmacy drug without the plant
matter - it need not be burned and inhaled to deliver the active ingredient to a patient with a legitimate
need for it's medicinal properties.

I didn't know that it was useful for treating seizures as well.

jay

I met another petitioner today.  The woman has a four year old daughter who was having 250 seizures per day.  Conventional medications and medical procedures did not control the seizures.  The young girl now takes a liquid form of the drug (via eye dropper) four times per day and her seizures have stopped.  The liquid form is said to be non addictive.

sfc_oliver

I will remain against legalization until the day they have some typ eof test that the patrolman can administer on the spot like they do for alcohol.

And more study needs to be done on just how much THC one can have without being a danger behind the wheel....
Because no one can tell me it doesn't affect ones judgement or reaction times.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

I don't think marijuana should be legalized for the masses for casual use.  There are a FEW legitimate
medical uses, however:

for glaucoma patients, it lowers the pressure inside the eyes, allowing them to see better, and slowing
the damage caused by the disease

for chemotherapy patients, it relieves the nausea caused by the treatments

it can give relief for menstrual cramps

It should remain a controlled substance.

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

He's   " looking for some reeeeefer, man..."

....just kidding

:D

jay

A person is collecting signatures on a medical marijuana petition near the gas station in the 1570 block of Mahoning Avenue.