News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question

Started by Towntalk, June 18, 2013, 08:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I watch very little TV.

In the morning I'll watch about 30 to 45 minutes of HLN then maybe an hour of FOX & Friends.

That's it unless I tune in a movie after dinner......

For local news I rely on the vindy and 570.....

In the car either 570 or 106.1

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

The sad part about "Are You Being Served" is that most of the regular cast are dead.

There is a good sized library of British comedy shows that are available to 45/49 but they choose to run, run and rerun the same shows over and over and over again when they aren't preempted for fund raising garbage ... the crazy part about these shows is that they too are reruns of reruns.

The crazy part of this mess is that they have to pay a fee for every show they present ... so after going through let's say all the available "Keeping Up Appearences", drop that show and bring in a new show.

What they need is a new manager and program director.
Now to be fair, most of the networks do the very same thing ... reruns over and over again to the point where they are no longer interesting. Saddly, television today is a big wasteland.

iwasthere

tt i know what you mean about pbs ungoing fundraising, i love the british comedies and dramas that bbc produces. my favorite brt comedy is "are you being served" and  favorite drama is "ballykissangel".

Towntalk

Favorite shows

My favorite shows are:

Pawn Stars
Cajun Pawn Stars
American Restoration
Swamp People
American Pickers
Ghost Hunters
Storage Wars

Radio – WKBN (mornings)

I use to enjoy watching WNEO 45/49's How To and British Comedy shows on Saturdays and Sundays, but they have messed up their scheduling so badly that I never watch it any more. And they have so many fund drive that even what's on is ruined and not enjoyable.

iwasthere

my favorite programs in the evenings are two and half men, hawaii five o, mike and molly, two broke girls and jeopardy. the morning tv shows, i have the ohio channel a pbs station. the radio wkbn, wysufm and wktl these are the radio stations i listen to when there is nothing on tv that interests me.

Towntalk

With all the channels offered to us through TimeWarner Cable and Armstrong Cable as well as Dish TV what programs do you watch on a regular basis and try not to miss?

Which channels do you watch the most?

How many hours a week would you say you watch TV?

As opposed to TV, how much time do you spend listening to the radio?

Which local station do you listen to most?