News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pathetic News For City

Started by Towntalk, May 05, 2013, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The increase is to help improve the turnpike's financial position to repay back the bonds that will be sold to finance the governor's plan.  I don't mind the toll increase since it will help pay for infrastructure improvements in nothern Ohio.

sfc_oliver

Hadn't heard about it. And besides as long as it is along the lines of inflation as defined by our COLA....Who really cares?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Billy Mumphrey

Talk about pathetic, no one showed up for a public hearing on increasing turnpike tolls. Sad.
http://www.wkbn.com/2013/05/08/public-hearing-on-turnpike-toll-increase-has-zero-turnout/

kenneyjoe330

Hay NICE dictatorship you have down there in Lowellville - better than some Democracy (?) up North  ;D ;D ;D  of you

sfc_oliver

I must live in a dictatorship.....Nothing to vote on in Lowellville..........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Tell you what my friend ... send me a private message with your address and I'll put together a couple of CD's full of music from my library.

iwasthere

who said that i did not like your selections of music. i use all types of music to show the stds their are other music genres out there besides today's music. i am going to work with a frd that learned through music to set up a program that helps stds understand certain subjects through music. swing music and dance was part of my pt when i had my shoulder operated on several yrs ago.

Towntalk

jay

Towntalk

No problem ... I just turn to my library of over 2000 songs clamp on my earphones ... turn out the lights ... and all is right with the world. You most likely wouldn't enjoy the kind of music I have in my library though because most radio stations shy away from the sort of music I enjoy ... big orchestra's playing popular music and music from movies and Broadway as opposed to the garbage that passes for music today. Whoever gets my computer when I'm gone will have quite a library to listen to. In the meantime I don't really get upset by your zingers because I know you mean no harm.

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on May 06, 2013, 11:50:40 AM
Well tie my shoes and pour me another cup of tea ... your right so BIG DEAL iwasthere! BIG --------- DEAL!
tt, i love pulling your leg from time to time. lol take my comments with a tongue and cheek approach. i do not want to be the blame for you pushing up daisies before your time. lmdo

Towntalk

Full disclosure my friend, full disclosure. You would be the very first to shout out if some governmental body were to work behind closed doors, and would be absolutely right. Whether there are just three candidates and one issue on the ballot or a full slate and twenty issues, the County BOE should list all the candidates county wide and all the issues county wide in a single list on its web site.

jay

This is an off-year election folks.  Only partisan primaries (Youngstown & Struthers) and ONLY local issues and levies will be voted in those communities that chose to send them to the ballot at this time.

In November, in addition to the partisan races in Youngstown and Struthers, other non-partisan elections will take place for township trustees and all local school boards.

Towntalk

Could not have said it any better my friend.