News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

No Trash Collection For Some

Started by jay, December 29, 2012, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The trash in the area that I mentioned the other day was picked up early today, Monday, December 31.

Towntalk

TRASH PICKUP YOUNGSTOWN

Jay you were talking about trash pickup and here's the answer, the source being WKBN-TV.

"Allied Waste officials said on Monday that they are running behind their normal schedule for garbage pick-up.

Officials said to leave garbage out on the curb and they will eventually pick up the trash.

The delays, they said, were caused by recent snow storms and the Christmas and New Year holidays."

Since I don't generate much trash, I will wait till next week to put out my trash since they should by then be on their regular schedule.

joly1584

On Saturday the trash truck drove down the street I live on, but did not stop to pick up the trash. ???   We assumed it was full and would come back later, it never did.  I live on the westside near Volney Rogers Middle School.

jay

There is one area of the city that is notorious for turning in nuisance complaints on anyone who has their trash out earlier that eight hours before collection.

A few people on this Forum know exactly the area I'm describing.
:-X

Rick Rowlands

Is this really worthy of a forum post, to point out that because of Christmas and the snowstorm that trash collection is running late this week?

jay

Noticed this today

Trash collection on South Schenley should have been on Friday, a day later than normal because of the Christmas holiday.   Today, Saturday, I noticed that the trash still wasn't collected by sundown.  I doubt that the trash hauler will provide service on Sunday.  The trash bags are now being covered with snow from the street plowing and may not be visible two days from now.