News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City-Wide Ticket Tax

Started by jay, December 20, 2012, 08:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

one must read the ordinance on this one for explantion.

kenneyjoe330

Would the charge come under the TICKET TAX  ???

iwasthere

charging five dollars at the bars's entrances is not new when a band is involved that nite.

jay

That $5.00 was probably a cover charge to help pay for the band that was performing inside.

Don't tell city council about this.  They may declare wrist bands to be tickets.
:-X

Towntalk

They call it Rip Off! All the more reason for refusing to patronize the Lemon Grove!

kenneyjoe330

Excuse me I always have to make a short story long - here goes - After a meeting at the Main Public Library - a small group of friends decided that we would meet at the Lemon Grove (the old one  :-\ )  When I got there - "they" wanted $5.00 to "get in"  - needless to say "they" didn't get it from me (Oh I went home I didn't force my way in  ;D )  - my question is although there is not really a "ticket" involved - would that $5.00 they collected be 'taxable' ??? ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D

Towntalk

I was under the opinion that there already is a tax on tickets to theaters.

jay

If there has to be a ticket tax for the convocation center, the tax should only be for tickets sold at the convocation center.  I think the newspaper employee was suggesting a ticket tax on tickets sold at all city entertainment venues.

iwasthere

kj i enjoyed the policemen's and firemen's balls when they had them at idora pk br.

Towntalk

I must confess that I never listen to louie b free ever, so when Jay posts something about the dude, I have no idea what he's referring to. Heck, I don't even listen to the talk shows on WKBN any more because I'm too bust with more important things to do in the morning, and during the morning drive time, I very seldem even have the tele on.

kenneyjoe330

I could not agree with you more Towntalk - I live in the city and MAYBE once in the last five years have I listened to Louie Free and I was even on his show a couple of times many many years ago.  Now as far as city-wide ticket tax - is he talking about parking tickets ?  Jay (haha) Walking tickets ?   Sassying a police officer tickets ?  Policeman's Ball Tickets ?   I Need more SPECIFICS Jay - PLEASE ! ! !

Towntalk

Jay, I plead with you on my knees, when you're posting please just come right out and say what program, what station and what newspaper you are referring to, Remember, many of our members live outside the immediate area and have no idea what you're talking about.

Locally we know that you are referring to Louie Free ... the station that he's on ... and The Vindicator but they don't.

jay

There was some discussion today on a local radio talk show about instituting a city-wide ticket tax to fund the Convocation Center.

:P