News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown says no Shrimpfarm for You!"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, February 27, 2012, 09:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewie

Good Luck Ron. It sounds like you have the best intentions. 

Youngstownshrimp

Alright , way to go Stewie, come out of the closet!  Stewie, the masked coward.

Please Stewie tell us how it is done?  Show us what you do for the community?

Yea, nada.........can't even say your name anywhere huh?  Nothing to be proud of?  I bet your kids really look up to you and your proud name  :laugh: .  Show us where you live and how you have improved YUkTown?

stewie

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/feb/27/shrimp-farm-creates-eyesore/
In case anyone missed the article in the Vindy.
Oh here are some highlights....
"Today, those ponds and land surrounding the ponds on a parcel just off of Karl Street, appear to be a vacant mess. High grass and weeds have grown across the land with occasional mounds of dirt where the earth has been moved. "

The vindy acts like the reason that they look like this is because the City is not allowing him to grow shrimp.  The reason that they look like that is because he just dug up the land and left it like that.

"Cobbin said the holes create a safety hazard for anyone living near the shrimp operation. That claim hit home with Cobbin's family a few weeks ago when her 10-year-old grandson fell into one of the ponds on the property."

I am sure that rons response will be "he was trespassing."

"They have just been after him. It is winter, and there are no shrimp in there. It is only a depression in the ground, but they are still after him," said Chevlen. "This [shrimp farming] is a good thing. Why are they fighting a good thing?"

Yes Chevlen it such a good thing take a look at the vindy pic.  And trust me I have never seen them look THAT good.

stewie

Yeahhh you're really not helping your public image with that last post.  So you are saying that you need a PLAN to put in attractive shrimp ponds. And since it is Youngstown you can just lay waste to the land and what is the difference right?  Well how about this?  Take those shrimp mudholes and move em to Poland see how that flies! You can get them out of our Eastside because you have brought nothing but blight, deathtraps, and environmental nightmares.  Install them out in Poland see how that goes for ya!   ;)
Love
Stewie Poohy

Youngstownshrimp

Yes Sarge, it isn't flattering.  Someone dropped by the store yesterday and said the entire Youngstown is a dump, ask the world.  I said no, maybe only 80%.  In Poland before Yellow Creek Theatre, the Village got on my ass to fix up what some called the Poland dump.  I stood my ground and responded that I will not waste energy until we know what to do with the property.  It was the same thing with the clock tower park in the center of Poland, yes I was the general contractor there too.  It was an eyesore until we knew we could complete it.  And Stewie the coward, nice  to see you come out from under the rock sometimes to fight the doers.  What a life when you aren't even man enough to say "I am Somebody!"

It is sad when the mindset of the entitled is revealed, the child is allowed to trespass and it is the owners fault if they get hurt.  Even sadder, the pond on Josephine isn't one of our ponds, it is across the grandmother's house on the Snyder property.  I think we need to fence Lake McKelvey and Lake Hamilton too.

sfc_oliver

Have to admit that the picture in the Vindy wasn't exactly flattering......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

stewie

I don't think that Youngstown is anti shrimp farms.  I think that they are anti blighted, overgrown, dangerous, mud holes.

Youngstownshrimp

GoMarcellusshale.com