News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

They Say $5.00 A Gallon Gasoline Is Coming

Started by jay, February 21, 2012, 08:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

sort of

gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

You can click that to see the last 6 years history......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

northside lurker

Since I don't drive, I don't pay much attention to gas prices.  But, I had the impression that the $1.89 price was a downward spike in gas prices, that had regularly been $2.50+ since 2005 or 06. ???
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 21, 2012, 10:42:46 PM
I have a Sunoco receipt from March 9, 2008 and it clearly states that I was paying $3.22 per gallon on that date.

Possible and probable, there was a spike in gas prices in late 07 early 08. But they dropped back to 1.89 in Jan 09

Rick Rowlands

I have a Sunoco receipt from March 9, 2008 and it clearly states that I was paying $3.22 per gallon on that date. 

Towntalk

What a splended idea ... a gas stamp card for every family including illegal aliens ... but it should be 75% coverage and with the advantage card for Giant Eagle the other 25% could be covered thru Fuel Perks.  :laugh:   ;) ;D ;D ;) :laugh:

Youngstownshrimp

Even though fracking has made our own American gas the lowest priced in the world not to mention less polution, I think we should shut down all drilling and continue to suck up oil from the middle east.  Yeah and the government should give us grants to cover 50% of the price of gasoline, something like the food card but to be used at the pump.  Or give me a propeller and a solar panel so I can strap it on my hood and power my truck.

northside lurker

Quote from: sfc_oliver on February 21, 2012, 01:22:46 PM
Please remember that the cost was less than $2 a gallon on Jan 20 2009.
And we might get an anomaly like that again, in the future.  Fluctuations, both up and down, are normal.  But, IMO, the overall trend is--and will continue to be--upward, and I think there are few who would argue otherwise.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

sfc_oliver

Please remember that the cost was less than $2 a gallon on Jan 20 2009.

jay

They are saying $5.00 a gallon gasoline will be here by Memorial Day.

Let's get more citizens to ride the WRTA.

Adult 31 Day Pass   $42.00
Senior 31 Day Pass $21.00
All Day Pass               $3.00