News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Paramount Project

Started by jay, November 22, 2011, 06:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Has the date been set for the demolition yet? Also when will the rest of phase 1 kick in?

I realize that it will take time to abate the asbestos in the building before demolition can begin but does Paramount Project have a tentative timeline yet?

I understand that these are the phase as of now:

Phase 1. Demolition of the bulk of the building while preserving and restoring the front portion.

Phase 2. Creating a stage, loading dock, new projection booth and movie screen.

Phase 3. Construction of a translucent roof to allow three seasons use.

How large will the stage be and what provisions will be made for dressing rooms, and how large will the screen be?

As to the front portion that will be saved, what are the plans for the two storefronts that are in the building, and what are the plans for the spaces that will be available in the rest of the building ie. the second and third floors of the theater portion.

Can't wait to see the floor plans.

jay

jay

Towntalk

I know that in the past I was in favor of tearing the entire building down once and for all even if it meant turning it into another parking lot because I knew that it could never be restored, but I freely admit that this latest idea has merit and sincerely hope that they can pull it off so that it doesn't just sit there half completed

jay

Towntalk

Thanks Jay, the fact that movies will be shown will help give it publicity on Cinema Treasures.

jay

Towntalk,

From the Paramount Project's website

"The new Paramount location would be a "shared space" capable of holding diverse functions as farmers markets, community movie nights, concerts. "

Towntalk

Jay is that a movie screen on the back wall? Please let me know ASAP if not sooner as I'd like to update it at Cinema Treasures.

jay

It is a very long banner.

jay

A new banner was recently placed on the front of the old Paramount Theater Building.  The banner outlines the plans for The Paramount Project.