News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Best Pizza in Youngstown

Started by Daysleeper47, October 04, 2005, 08:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey362

Belleria in Struthers is the best in my opinion....next, is Wedgewood.  Sausage Pepperoni, Mushrooms and anchovies.  No other...now, if you look back in time, The Oven had all of them beat.....but sadly, they went out of business.

Shar

Daysleeper47

I have even found that the pizza joint in the YMCA has decent pizza... Cafe Roma., I think it's called. I haven't been there in years, though.

Don't forget Tomasino's downtown! Their pizza is great!

Daysleeper47

I did not know there was a third Uptown Pizza... Market St, Belmont Ave and now South Ave... interesting.

solomia

ALSO THERE IS A UPTPWN PIZZA ON SOUTH AVENUE AT CORNER OF INDIANOLA AVENUE IN CRIM'S CORNER. ONE 12"WITH PEPPERONI IS$3.00. HOMEMADE AND DELICIOUS.

Daysleeper47

Yeah, well either way the homemade pizza joints far outnumber the chains in youngstown.

yfdgricker

Hey Joe,

East of Chicago opened a shop in Cornersburg. It's across from Brandywine Apts and there is a Pizza Joes at Canfield Rd and Bears Den. There is a Pizza Hut on Yo-Poland Rd but I'm not 100% sure that's in the city.

Other than that, I can't think of any others in the city limits.

Daysleeper47

There are no chain pizza joints in the city that I know of. There was a Pizza Joe's on Gypsy on the North Side that closed last year. I'm sure I am missing some, though.

ForumManager

Funny what gets this board talking!

Now I must go to Avalon Gardens for pizza...see what you've done!

Are you sure Wedgewood is that cheap?  For some reason I thought they had higher prices.

I don't have a favorite - like them all.

I sure do like the Golden Dawn - but never tried their pizza. I like the old time atmosphere and the simple, but good menu and great prices.

solomia

CORNERSBURG PIZZA BOARDMAN ACCROSS FROM BOARDMAN PLAZA.  STILL HOMEMADE BY STACIA MATULA .  GOOD PRICES.  ALSO THEY HAVE A SHOP IN POLAND OHIO.

jay

I cast my vote for the Brier Hill Pizza at the Avalon Gardens.
Did you notice that no one has mentioned any of the pizza chain restaurants?  I think that speaks highly of the quality of our locally produced foods.

Daysleeper47

Well, I limited my response to the city only, but Uptown is runner up to the Dawn... you are right about the sauce. And The Dawn IS an Ursuline tradition. Friday nights after the football games, nothing is better in the city.

ytowner

Here is my Low Down on the Valley's Pizza. Its hard to find a better variety in the state.

1. Wedgewood Pizza in Austintown. Tons of toppings; awesome taste; very inexpensive.  A 14" for 6-7 Bucks.

2. Inner Circle Pizza in Downtown-Austintown as well. The all around best party pizza. Its easy to eat; the crust is out of this world; and its very inexpensive.

3. Golden Dawn on North Side. Its quite simple-Dough-Sauce-Big Slices of Cheese. Awesome to have. An Ursuline Tradition!

4. Uptown Pizza on North Side-Liberty and South Side-Boardman. It is awesome to go with a beer. The sauce makes the pizza. When its cooked just right with a little darkess it melts in your mouth.

5. AVALON GARDENS! I'd have this number 1 but this isn't the Briar Hill Pizza thread. There B-H is the best in the state and they got a great variety of other italian foods...
All those are the best IMHO. Try Salvatores throughout the area; the Elmton; Francesco's in Hubbard.

Daysleeper47

Last year I moved from Youngstown to Washington, DC and I haven't had a good slice of pie down here yet...

Who, in your opinion has the best pizza in Youngstown? Something tells me that Bellaria will win. I think there is nothing better than a Golden Dawn pizza. For $5.10 you can get a whole pizza and a schooner of beer!(4.25 for the pizza and .85 for the beer)

What they don't tell you is that the beer is nothing but frothy Gennesee! Yum!

Ohh how I miss the Dawn