News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA bus route ideas for the Westside.

Started by mrniles266, September 04, 2011, 10:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrniles266

??? I would have the 34, and 35 run together as one of the small bus circulator routes. Example 1: Outbound, from Federal Station, 34 Steel to Salt Springs to 76 Truck Stop areas. (Make Park and Ride) continue to Mahoning Plaza. Becomes 35, left on Mahoning to Belle Vista. Continue on Cornersburg route to Federal Station. Outbound, 35 from FS on Cornersburg route to Mahoning Plaza and becomes 34 Steel route to Federal Station. Two way service. If hourly service, as of present, riders can choose to ride around and not have to wait at Federal Station. 1/2 Hours service! Connects to 40, to Austintown Plaza and Walmart. Also, Austintown Loop (Ruli brothers).

mrniles266

??? I am thinking about having the all Westside bus routes connect with each other for easier use. WRTA says the new Day Pass is bringing in more riders. The Senior rate of $ 1.50 is a bargain. (62 to qualify) The 34, Steel, takes in the area North of Mahoning Avenue. The 35, Cornersburg, takes in the area South of Mahoning Avenue. The 40, Austintown should be Renamed as soon as possible, Mahoning. It is the main West-East route. The 55, Austintown Loop should be used as a Fast express , circulator service. Mahoning Plaza seems like one good place for all routes (There may be other spots also) to connect to each other for easy transfer. The only thing that needs to be done at the moment, is to have shelters on all corners, and schedules coordinated for the least amount of waiting. If there is an increase in riders on the 40, with all the connections, maybe WRTA would increase the service. The 40 would be one of the main lines with frequent service. 1 Hour is not acceptable. 1/2 Hour is better. Every 15 minutes during the day would be amazing. See my ideas for the Northside routes, on the Northside and MassTransit forums. More details later. Please comment and make suggestions.