News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Old House

Started by jay, March 20, 2011, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstownshrimp

:)Nothing is Impossible

northside lurker

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on April 15, 2011, 10:41:24 PM
Okay, now there are over 800 hits on this subject and inspite of all our inputs, discussion and distractions, the old house at least here, has no plans or vision to do a damn thing to save, deconstruct, move or recycle it.  Again, WE all  talk and ZERO.  Yeh, yeh, blah,blah, I know, we are waiting for a grant, today's American way of get 'er done!

What grant? ???

Just because the dozen or so people who continue to post here aren't involved in the salvation of this house, (at least, that I'm aware of) doesn't mean that someone else isn't doing something in real life.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

Okay, now there are over 800 hits on this subject and inspite of all our inputs, discussion and distractions, the old house at least here, has no plans or vision to do a damn thing to save, deconstruct, move or recycle it.  Again, WE all  talk and ZERO.  Yeh, yeh, blah,blah, I know, we are waiting for a grant, today's American way of get 'er done!

Last year I saw Elvis behind the Poland Library walking down these sandstone blocks that were hauled and recycled from Youngstown, because we were too stupid to come up with a usage for them so Poland jumped at the chance.  See, the brains drained to Poland.

irishbobcat

just asked in my last post if my ideas were crazy....I don't think I mentioned you.....Shrimp.....

did I touch a nerve, Shrimp?

Youngstownshrimp

That's right Spizak, I do more things accidentally than you do intentionally, it's called accomplishments and YOU have none.  You also left out other accomplishments like free outdoor movies, let me know if you need more?  BTW what happen to you sob request "I won't bother you if you don't bother me,"  This is another characteristic that you have none of, integrity.  So what gives booger?, no one reading your post that you live your life for?  Jealous because my post command move hits than yours?   Oh, you need to come to our party and we will let you campaign for GOVERNOR again so we can laugh at you in your face :laugh:

irishbobcat

Hey....let's have a party, rip out the interior of the house, and put in bathtubs to grow

shrimp year round......

and we can  put an oil fracking drill out in the backyard as well.....

and then we can cut down all the trees on the property and harvest timber.......

what do you think folks??????   am I truely crazy or what??????

iwasthere

homeowners have the responsiblity to pay their debt to the cities in which their homes were demo. it is irresponible of the property owner who thinks they do not owe the city cofers any monies because of selfish reasonings.

Youngstownshrimp

I really am not educated on the subject to make a comment one way or another, but going by what our forester says, sequestered lumber prevents decay into carbon, this I believe.  Continuing to demo. all the seasoned timber in Youngstown's abandoned structures when hauled to a land fill decay, albeit decades latter from the original death of the tree.

Rick Rowlands

Are you now buying into the carbon myth?

Youngstownshrimp

The brain drain is slowly happening here, I predict the house will drain away and release carbon into our environment again.

Youngstownshrimp

The City for the last few decades has been illegally collecting demolition costs from property owners and depositing the funds into the City coffers when the funds belong to the State.  Struthers has refused to collect demo. costs because the funds do not belong to them.

Iwasthere, please do your homework and do not be ignorant like the City administration.

iwasthere

the city's adminstration and council should contact all credit bureaus to put a bad mark on anyone that owes monies to the city's cofers when their homes are taken down by the city. if they do not pay for the demoliation themselves. there are several westside blockwatches expressed interest in this property, i do not know their out on this matter. does anyone know about this latest saga.

irishbobcat

Shrimp, your ego never steps aside.....give it up/////

Youngstownshrimp

Thanks Westside,

From a glance, I would deduce that the Franciscans would want the land, it fits into their acreage.  If the house is condemned, the debt doesn't matter and the structure can be gotten from the demo.  contractor.  In PA. the demo. contractor was happy to give us the condemned structure because he saved money  when the house was rolled away. The selling point of a Greek revival is its post and beam construction, there is architectural value but no value in YTown as residential. Moving it is out of the question unless no overhead lines exist, I would suggest we organize a work party with Rick leading and dismantle and store the structure.  Again, I'll help if all the ego's step aside.