News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Elementary School Property Meeting - Monday, November 22

Started by jay, November 12, 2010, 10:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

ForumManager

Well as a former Chaney soccer mom... I say why not make a soccer field for the Middle and High Schools?   

It seems to be  a nice space for a field with plentiful parking. 

I am not sure if the team even exists at this point.  My youngest is 21 now.  Chaney's program was not supported by the system when my kids played.  It wasn't sanctioned because the other city  High Schools didn't have soccer.  The parents paid for everything and  the games were held a Kochis.   Our students were even required to pay for buses to away games at one point since car pooling was prohibited.

If you like this idea and can go to the meeting, please present it.

jay

Some people don't want any structures on the property.  They feel the unguarded structures would be subject to vandalism.

our2cents

It is listed on planning maps as green space.  We have seen many people using it for play, walks, etc.  It would be nice to see a nice picnic area, walkways, playground, etc in that space.

Rick Rowlands

jay

What should be done with the vacant land now that the former West Elementary School has been demolished?

A meeting about this topic will be held on Monday, November 22, at 6:30 p.m.

- Meeting Location -
Maxwell Hall
St. Brendan Church
2800 Oakwood Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio