News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning At Evanston (?)

Started by jay, August 19, 2010, 08:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

About two years ago a friend's car was hit by rocks while driving on Glenwood Avenue.  Needless to say, the victim warned all his friends about that location and many of them avoided driving there anymore.

If your automobile sustains damage from rock throwers, chances are you will pay for all the repairs if you have a large deductible.

Why?Town

I don't see where an isolated incident of kids throwing rocks will have any noticable effect on the amount of traffic on Mahoning Ave. or any business in that area.

It's not like the Mahoning and Evanston intersection will be become infamous as the place where kids throw rocks. I'm sure it happens every day somewhere.

jay

Someone from a block watch might be able to ID the kids for the police.

This type of behavior will cause motorist to avoid driving on Mahoning Avenue and will further hurt the business environment on the west side.

northside lurker

Depends on whether it's on north or south Evanston.  As I've said before, anyone in the area is welcome to our meetings.  But we don't go out of our way to make those north of Mahoning Ave. aware of our meetings, because Mahoning is our neighborhood's northern boundary.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I just heard on the scanner that kids are throwning rocks and bottles at passing cars near the corner of Mahoning and Evanston.

Does that area have a block watch?