News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Grinding Mahoning Avenue

Started by jay, July 22, 2010, 06:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The contractor started applying the final layer of asphalt today.

Traffic on Mahoning was a mess all day long.

Rick Rowlands

80K just buys the building.  Then there is asbestos removal, demolition, restoring the facade....

Rick Rowlands

Yes I am aware of the technology.  Such a process saves on all the trucking of grindings away and bringing in loads of hot asphalt.  It allows for the same amount of money to pave more miles of roads, and in Youngstown that is exactly what we need.   I wonder if the money the city is spending on Paramount could have been enough to purchase one of these machines.  Paved roads benefits the ENTIRE city.  Paramount benefits.....uh.... I don't know who it benefits....

Oh yes I know....... FRANGOS!

iwasthere

steve that is another innovative way of saving one materials by recylcing the old material into a new same product. i hope ytown is using the same method.

jay

Mahoning Avenue from 680 to Meridian is in the process of being resurfaced.  This week the work crews were removing some of the old asphalt by grinding off one layer at a time.  Traffic is often stopped as the massive equipment slowly moves down a lane of the roadway.

In this photo, the grinder is removing asphalt at the intersection of Mahoning and Belle Vista.