News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Did This Business Close Already?

Started by jay, June 02, 2010, 05:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

jay

Over the last several months, I've purchased donuts, bread and peach cobblers at the bakery.  When I was in the store two weeks ago, there was no indication that the business was closing.

I don't know if this is related.  The glass windows on the front doors were smashed a few weeks ago.  Although the glass was cracked, it did not fall out of the door frame.

Why?Town

Did any members here support this business? Maybe stop by and pick something up on your way to or from supporting downtown on Thursdays?

northside lurker

I think this location is cursed.  How many bakeries have been here in the last 10 years?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Must have.  Its sad seeing this, since you know that someone put a lot of time, money and effort into the business.  This person has probably been making cakes in their house for years, and then got the idea to expand into a business.  But the time it takes to run the business takes time away from making cakes, and the overhead involved quickly drains away any profits that are made.   Not many can successfully make the transition from home based business to a storefront.

jay

I noticed a for sale sign in the window of the bakery on Mahoning Avenue.
Didn't the store just open last February?