News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

mahoningvalley.info status report

Started by ForumManager, December 09, 2009, 12:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Funny you mentioned GoDaddy. My ISP recently switched its e-mail to GoDaddy and its much better than their old one.

ForumManager

Thanks for the tip!
Does Yahoo business allow additional domains on one account?
I currently host 4 domains and additional subdomain websites.
I think my best choice might be Godaddy at this point.
I've designed sites there for clients and GDaddy doesn't have this militant approach.
The issue is finding the time to move all the sites ... hardly any are just standard html - most have complicated scripts and templates... takes time... I still don't have MV back online except for this forum and the gallery.

our2cents

I think it's crazy that they yanked the site without any notice or chance to fix whatever they didn't like.  OMG.  I'm so glad I host through Yahoo's Business Services for my own projects.  I have yet to have a problem with them...and it's been 8 years now...40.00 every 3 months...and only that much because I use private registration. 

Thanks for the link to keep a status check if the site quits again in the future.

ForumManager

The main MV site should be up within a few days.  I am running a test version in a sub directory at this time. My focus was to get a website up for a non-profit that I host gratis.  It has taken a long time to rebuild some of the components for the newer version of mahoningvalley.  Thanks for your patience.  If the forum is ever offline in the future, please visit http://mahoningvalleyinfo.blogspot.com/ for news.
Thanks very much for your continued use of the forum