News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Traficant Talk

Started by Towntalk, September 13, 2009, 10:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I guess that leaves Dennis out in the cold along with The Vindicator.

Rick Rowlands

If 75% were favorable toward Traficant being on WKBN then I see that it would not be a stretch for all the calls to be pro Traficant.   One thing that I noticed when listening to him today that he sure sounds like a conservative!  Isn't it amazing how we claim to be a Democrat stronghold but the most popular politican in recent history in this Valley has such conservative views.    It just reinforces what I have long thought, that this area really is conservative but have voted Democrat so long that they know how to do nothing else.

BTW, I found a site with the text of his one minute speeches:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/724026/posts

Towntalk

I know what he said, and I also know that upper management was in the control room with Tod.

The only calls Jim took were pro-Traficant, and I find it difficult to believe that the vast majority of the listeners were pro-Traficant.

Mangino took an interesting poll that showed that 75% of those who took the on-line poll were pro-traficant.

That might say something favoring Traficant.

Rick Rowlands

No, Jimbo said on the air that he told Tod to let everyone through.   

I found the show quite enlightening and educational.  Its been so long that I forgot some of what Jim had done for the valley while in Congress.

Towntalk

??? QUESTION  ???

Did Tod screen out calls that were critical of Traficant?

REVIEW --- Boring! It was nothing more than a Traficant love fest.

Towntalk

JIM TRAFICANT

WILL BE FILLING IN

FOR DAN RIVERS

10:00 TO NOON

RADIO 570

WKBN

SEPTEMBER 14, 2008