News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Oak Hill Historian's Tour - October 3rd, 2009 - 1pm-3pm

Started by yfdgricker, September 12, 2009, 09:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

I would love to participate.  This cemetery is where William Tod is buried, and I have a wealth of information about his life and accomplishments.

yfdgricker

Several local historians have joined together and are planning an Oak Hill Historian's Tour at Oak Hill Cemetery, 344 Oak Hill Ave in Youngstown on Saturday, October 3, 2009 from 1pm to 3pm.

-----

Some of the presenters include:

Greg Ricker (me!) - talking about three Youngstown Fire Department line of duty deaths and about Gov Tod's roll in the formation of the Tod Volunteer Fire Company, the predecessor to the present day Youngstown Fire Department.

Steffon Jones, Ron Johnson and Fred Smith  - talking about Confederate and Union Civil War Veterans in Oak Hill

Bill Wall - talking about James 'Coroner' Johnson and area Native American influences

Vince Shivers - talking about P. Ross Berry, a well known and influential area architect

Shannon Fray - talking about Ohio Civil War Gov. David Tod and the Stambaugh Family

Judy Williams - Talking about the "History of Streets in Youngstown"

Stacy Adger - talking about Hannah Morris, a relative of Tucker Morris, a local preacher

There will be a representative from the Arms Museum talking about the Arms and Wick family.

-----

If you ever wanted a safe opportunity to look around one of Youngstown's oldest and unique cemeteries, please join us on October 3rd. The format for the event can best be described as 'open roaming'. We will have speakers set up throughout the cemetery and you are free to roam around to any speaker that interests you.

Please plan on joining us for this very informative presentation! Feel free to post any questions you might have about this event. Thanks!