News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Need Japanese Beetle Updates For Youngstown

Started by jay, June 23, 2009, 11:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

pictures are government owned until the year 2023. melfi is the only one with the negatives. :o

Rushblvd

iwasthere

:) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-X :-\ :'( these were the expressions that mayor melfi had on his face when those @#$%^&*japanese bugs did a kama kazzie hit on his rose bushes in front of the girard's mayor mansion. i heard his wife was smitten by one of those kama kazzie japanese pilots and they are now in flight together attacking other rose bushes esp on the westside of ytown. :o

Rushblvd

iwasthere

i heard jay sent them to girard's mayor melfi house to show him muscle power. >:( ;D

jay

The Japanese Beetle season is at its end.  I only caught a few today.

iwasthere

will we have to have insurance for this imp summit or will iris look the other way fearing that we might leash an onslaught of jap beetles onto her roses?

Rushblvd

Yes we will have beer. It will be from a local brewery and we will have lots and lots of media to cover the event....

iwasthere

rushblvd can we also have beer too? it is a new adult beverage that is served in washington dc while eating crow. will those darn japanese beetles like our new refreshing drink as a peace offering?

Rushblvd

We should conduct a summit and talk to these beetles to see what they want. Maybe we can all be neighbors and see what it is they offer. Lets smoke a peace pipe around the table with them...

iwasthere

on no ;D the  japanese are stirring up trouble again in ytown. they took our steel mills, now they want our flowers: native or not :-X :-\ >:(

ForumManager

kenneyjoe330

I think that remark is predjudicial  >:( and I don't like it.  If you were not the Form Manager I would report you to The Form Manager.  :P I have a relatively newly vacant lot next door and I would like to see some of it turned to Native Flowers and Foundry THEN YOU come along and want The Beatles to eat them  ???  I can see whose side YOUR on.  :(  YOU should TRY starting a natural native plant area in your yard and see how difficult it is - and - you want beatles to eat them  :'(

ForumManager

Perhaps if there were more naturalized areas (yes I mean weeds... wildflowers), the beetles would feast less on the manicured yards.

irishbobcat

I found a beetle today with a "made in China" sticker on it.....