News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tim Ryan

Started by Towntalk, July 01, 2009, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

When interviewed by Rivers Monday morning, Ryan touted his pro-life stance.

FOR THE RECORD:

Pro-life group ousts Ryan from its advisory board

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jul/13/pro-life-group-ousts-ryan-from-its-advisory-board/?newswatch

Towntalk

1. WKBN has been very good to me for over 20 years and as you can see from my web site, WKBN played an important role.

2. Dan Ryan was a very dear friend and I furnished him with literally hundreds of my newsletters , each numbering 15 pages each faxed each night  7 days a week with the approval of the management since he used the material on his program.

3. After his death, when Dan Rivers took over the show, those privelages continued to this very day.

Unlike you, I do not bash folks who do not agree with me (the way you slam Sarge and Rick) and because both my web site and newsletters (Available only to talk radio hosts both liberal and conservative) are non-partisan as witnessed by both liberal and conservative links, I hardly find it unusual that I would be friendly towards Mr. Rivers.

Do I agree with everything he says? Of course not, but then I don't agree with everything you say, but I certainly would not use that as an excuse to refuse to have anything to do with you.

irishbobcat

Towntalk....

I am not bashing Rivers......I am just saying Tim Ryan blew all his (Rivers)arguments right out of the water......The Energy Bill is good for America.

Talk about 2-faced...one day you say your a democrat...then you are supporting conservative republican talk show hosts.....

Make up your mind, Dear.

Towntalk

That my friend is your opinion.

You found no objections to the way he trated you, yet now you're bashing him.

That my friend is two faced.

If you are such a hot shot expert on eerything under the sun, moon and stars, why don't you apply for your own show on WASN or WGFT, then you could pal around with Louie Free.

Towntalk

Mr. Rivers didn't buy it either.

It was funny, Dan had the entire bill including the extra 300 pages and DID READ IT ALL, highlighting all the sections he had an issue with, so TOY BOY RYAN knew that he was up against someone who would not be buffaloed.

Also, Ryan made a long spiel about not being Pelosi's TOY BOY while admitting that it was Nancy who got him on the Appropriations Committee.

irishbobcat

Tim Ryan KO'D Dan Rivers and all his conservative backtalk today on the radio...

It was NO CONTEST.......

Rivers and Conservatives are clueless about this bill........

This energy Bill is good for Ohio and America!

sfc_oliver

I didn't have a chance to listen but if he claimed that then he has simply confirmed what I already knew. The man is a Liar. And yes I would say that to his face.

No one could have read and comprehended that bill in the time allotted.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Today on the Dan River Show Timmy said that he's not Pelosi's toy boy and he claimed to have PERSONALLY read all 1300 pages of the cap-in-trade bill and the 300 page amendment PRYOR to voting YES.

Elmo-Ytown

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 06, 2009, 03:38:03 PM
I believe in a relatively equal society, supported by institutions that limit extremes of weath and poverty. I believe in democracy ,civil liberties, and rules of law. That makes me a liberal, and I'm proud of it.

A society, supported by institutions that limit wealth, and you believe in democracy? Am I the only one seeing a problem here?

And by the way, this is another conservative who currently carries a weapon to protect you and your freedom of speech, and until you do the same, how about you lay off our veterans, who have given more and done more for this nation than you will ever be able to understand.

Oh and by the way, you'll be paying for my retirement too, hope that makes you happy.

sfc_oliver

Why would Mr Ryan need help in not getting distracted during something that he doesn't do? And his staff cannot listen to anyone.   At least ten times I explained to them that I did not want my bills paid. But wanted the law fixed so that the next retiree in my situation didn't get stuck.

It's a long story and unless you are an expert at Medicare and Tricare laws it is difficult to understand. But when it's your job and it is spelled out to you............Anyway 3 years later I am still working on it. With some Ideas from Commissioner Ludt (an 82nd Airborne Veteran) And Barry Landgraver (Head of the Mahoning County Veterans Service Commission); I might actually get it before congress.

Without the help of our Good Mr Ryan and his ever so unhelpful staff.

irishbobcat

What's really going on is in America today , both as an economic matter and in terms of practical politics, it is possible to reduce inequality and make America a middle class nation again.

Sorry it that offends you, Sarge.....

Towntalk

Here is part of the intent for this thread:

"Challenges are landing fast and furious on Capitol Hill. So Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, feels he has to arrive at the top of his game every day. And Ryan says he has found a way to do that: He meditates for at least 45 minutes before leaving home.

Ryan, 35, sits on a floor cushion, closes his eyes, focuses on his breath and tries to detach from any thoughts, just observing them like clouds moving across the sky — a practice he learned at a retreat. "I find it makes me a better listener, and my concentration is sharper. I get less distracted when I'm reading," he says. "It's like you see through the clutter of life and can penetrate to what's really going on."

irishbobcat

Liberals want to restore the middle class, conservatives want to take us back to the Gilded Age, undoing a century of history.

Liberals defend social security and medicare, conservatives want to privatize or undermine those institutions.

Liberals honor democratic principles and rules of law, conservatives appalauded George Bush when he wanted to have dictatorial powers as he imprisoned people without chagres and subjected them to torture.

Towntalk

When I started this thread it was about Tim Ryan sitting down in the middle of the floor each morning and practicing Hindu meditation before going to work.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 06, 2009, 04:10:43 PM
Liberals are dedicated to conserving all that is best and building solidly and safely on these foundations.

Conservatives are the party of the reckless and embittered- bent on dismantling the institutions which have been built into our social fabric.

And what is best? Who defines it? YOU? Not in my world you don't. And we (conservatives) have dismantled what exactly? And whose social fabric are you even talking about?

Empty rhetoric doesn't make it when you aren't behind a microphone. this is the real world.