News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Post Office May Close

Started by jay, July 14, 2009, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

To put it in "Corporate Speak" it would be called something like

"Layoff due to reduction in the work force"

our2cents

Unfortunately, I don't believe they're going to change any decisions.  They were just discussing cutting Saturday delivery also.  And on top of it, everyone is using the current "economic crisis" (as the news channels are calling it) as a reason to do whatever they want.  This also applies to the West Branch Library...I think it's gone at the end of the summer, no matter what any of us say about it.  This so called "economic crisis" is going to be the blame for anyone to do anything they want.  I know several people who were layed off even though their companies were well in the black and doing great...and the blame was this crisis.

Rick Rowlands

Yes if it can be shown that the post office is a vital part of the community then maybe their decision can be reversed. 

iwasthere

rr then the council reps homework is half done, they just have to present them with the info.

Rick Rowlands

I do believe that the USPS already collects data on their post offices, and probably has ways of measuring performance and usefulness that would not occur to those of us who are not experts on the postal service.   

I do believe there is a method for making comments known to the USPS regarding the proposed closings.

iwasthere

I SAY ORGANIZE A MEETING WITH THE YTOWN POSTMASTER TO RRESENT HIM/HER WITH YOUR DATA CONCERNING THE MAHONING AVE POSTOFFICE. RIGHETTI AND DRENNAN MUST JUMP ON BOARD WITH THIS ISSUE AND ALL PUT PRESSURE ON THE ADIVORSARY BOARD TO STOP THIS INSANE ACT.

Towntalk

According to the news, the branch on Mahoning Avenue.

ForumManager

Which one? Cornersburg or Mahoning?
Mahoning is always packed when I go there -- to the point that I sometimes drive by and then go to  Cornersburg  because it is less crowded.  Has an explanation been given?

Towntalk

Also the East and South Branch.

My mailman said that the North will stay open because it is the largest and also serves Liberty Township.

jay

More bad news for the west side.

The U.S. Post Office wants to close the west side branch post office.