News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NEIGHBORHOOD TOOL SHED

Started by iwasthere, June 18, 2009, 10:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

why is it in the habitat restore when the workers do not have the keys to the shed? one must call the 800 number to make the reservation and the rep from com tool shed will open it up for the individual(s) who is in need of the tool(s). there has to be a better way of obtaining these tools for short-term house/yard projects. i thought the court ruling was for humanbeings not objects. can this be oversight on the ct s's decision.

rusty river

I know, it's goofy, but true. It has something to do with the fact that the grant to provide for the equipment came from Youngstown, and if residents from Campbell or Struthers want to take part, those communities need to apply for their own grants (which they are).

Just repeating what was said the last time I visited the Habitat ReStore.

jay

Rusty,

Let me get this straight.  The Youngstown Tool Shed is physically located in Struthers, Ohio.  Do we need a charter amendment to require that our tools be kept within the city limits?  Oh wait, the court ruled residency requirements unconstitutional.
;)

iwasthere

i would suggest that anyone that is interested in this program to call the toll free number that is posted on this board for info. i thought it was open to anyone that is in need of tool for a short-term project. i could be wrong but doesn't that go against the community tool shed mission statement?

rusty river

I think I remember someone saying that you had to be a resident of Youngstown in order to utilize the neighborhood tool shed. Is this true?

iwasthere

NEIGHBORHOOD TOOL SHED
TOOLS THAT ARE LOANED OUT AKA LIBRARY SYSTEM
480 YOUNGSTOWN-POLAND ROAD
STRUTHERS, OH 44471
888NIC-TOOL
NICTOOLSHED@GMAIL.COM