News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Deconstruction Meeting

Started by jay, April 24, 2009, 06:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty river

State Senator Joseph Schiavoni was also in attendance.

Towntalk

Usually it is professionals that do the deconstructing, since they have to know what they are doing in order to preserve the value of the materials. Remember the whole purpose of deconstructing is to preserve the materials for future use.

Habitat For Humanity is the biggest consumer of this material, and damaged materials such as flooring would be useless.

If they follow the same procedures that they did on THIS OLD HOUSE, the materials are removed from the site each day.

john r. swierz

I got there 5 minutes into the program and had to leave at 7:55.  I have always supported this
    process.  No one was listening 15 years ago.  I believe it is a win-win for everyone

jay

I thought of these questions after the meeting.

How does the deconstruction crew prevent the on site theft of the salvaged materials just removed from the building being deconstructed?  The process takes about three days.  Does someone guard the materials overnight?  Is the heavy machinery removed each night?

jay

Did your Youngstown councilperson attend the deconstruction meeting last night?  I know Janet Tarpley (ward 6) and Annie Gillam (ward 1) were in the room.  Someone said they saw Paul Drennen (ward 5).

Campbell Mayor Dill was there.