News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning Avenue Tire Pile

Started by jay, April 26, 2008, 08:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

That building looks a lot like the Tedd Glass Auto Sales, but that used car lot was on the east side of the Hostess Bakery at the corner of Mahoning and Halls Heights. If this is the place, its still listed in the phone book. You didn't show the whole building so as to show the signage.

I realize that we all want a totally pristine city absent anything that offends the eyes and sensabilities, and the owner should have  erected a wooden fence around that part of the lot so as to hide the tires from street view.

jay

This is the view from Mahoning Avenue.

jay

The tire pile is on the south side of the street  about a block west of the Hostess Bakery Outlet.  The property may have been a used car lot in recent times.

Towntalk

On what side of the street were they?

There use to be a car scrap yard in that area, but that was several years ago.

jay

I noticed a large pile of tires behind a closed business on Mahoning Avenue near Milton Avenue.  I believe this site is in the Garden District.  Were the tires just dumped there or were they left from the previous business operation?