News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

VOTE Yes! For Schools on Election Day!

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, February 18, 2008, 02:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

Sorry, I would vote NO on the school levy also. Not because I don't think that the kids deserve the levy money because I believe that the school board and the superintendant doesn't deserve that money.

When my partner Corey Maizel was the O-Line coach at East I was able to see first hand a lot of things. I think that if they used that money for the KIDS and not for ungodly stupid things...I would vote yes. What if they used that money for more after school programs? More educational purposes? The district just built East-- a 30 million dollar school (which by the way...is slowly falling apart, too bad Mayor Williams couldn't see that...he hasnt' even toured the building yet.) They are building new schools everywhere.

I know our kids need new schools but its not the FACILITIES that habitate the learning, its not totally the environment that teaches them...its the teachers, its the BOOKS, the programs... eachother. Mooney isn't that wonderful inside but we still got an education, the heat barely worked and it was SCREAMING hot in the spring/summer but we still learned and got our education.

The levy, im getting sick of hearing about the levy show me improvement and I will show you a levy. Youngstown has always been...walk the walk kind of city, not the talk the talk type.

ytowner

I support the Republicans and school vouchers. No person should vote for any school levy in a failing district like Youngstown. Allow the vouchers for the students who can honestly use them so they can attend a perennial college prep school like Ursuline or Mooney.

Oldmill

Sorry Bellamy, Our schools, just like every other governmental institution in this country are nothing but wasteful. The more you give them, the more they spend and waste money. I will vote NO.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

VOTE Yes! For Schools on Election Day!

You can say that we all are no fans of local levy proposals, but our nation's schools are "Institutional Anchors" that should be maintained and rendered accountable for every detail. To vote no, on this type of issue is self destructive.

VOTE Yes! For Schools