News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

National Conventions

Started by Towntalk, February 08, 2008, 04:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

In looking over the list of candidates for this year's primary, I don't see a single person that excites me. or wants me to move my weary bones to my polling place to vote. Where's the beef? The Primaries are on March 4th and just about the only place where we hear anything aside from ads for David Aey, County Sheriff; and Susan Maruca, Probate Court Judge; is the silence in all it's glory.

Now I know that most of you aren't too keen on yard signs, a lot of campaign mailers that end up in the waste basket, and all those radio and TV ads, but golly, this is the quietest election that I can recall in my 48 years of voting ... yep, I'm telling my age, but darn it all there's too much at stake here in the valley that must be addressed, and I for one don't want to wait till the last minute to try to find out what the candidates platforms are before I vote.

True, half of what the candidates will tell us is total hog wash, but at least that gives me some idea of who not to vote for.

I'm left ... no, we're left with choosing between hog wash and hog swill, and that is just not right.