News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Neighborhood Fireworks

Started by Micky, July 03, 2007, 11:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

A family the next street over was shooting off fireworks til about 2 AM.  This same family is ON WELFARE, so where did they get the money to buy fancy fireworks?

THIS IS WHAT REALLY GRIPES ME. They started about 10 PM and they weren't all firecrackers. POOR ENOUGH TO BE ON WELFARE BUT RICH ENOUGH TO SPEND MONEY ON FIREWORKS.

northside lurker

This year has been a little louder than the last couple.  But, during the worst year, my poor cat was very stressed out; when petting her, I could feel the tendons sticking up on the back of her neck.  I think that was 4 years ago, and it hasn't been that bad since, at least in my neighborhood.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Mary

Our neighbors set off a ton of fireworks tonight. It didn't really bother me because she was having her 4th of July party. She also made sure that the people that were visiting that were setting them off hosed everything down, cleaned up etc. She also had them stop about 11pm. so it wasn't until the wee hours of the morning. 

However i can understand your point. a lot of the noise bothers me (sounds like gunfire) and it can get tiring after a full night (or week)  of listening to them.

Micky

I've always loved fireworks but enough is enough.  There seems to be more fireworks in the neighborhood than ever before.  The neighbors around here have to give their animals valium.  The fireworks are constant (4 and 1/2 hours tonight)  and it begins before dark, lasts well after midnight.