News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

K-9 Unit Demonstration

Started by Shirley, November 07, 2006, 11:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

yfdgricker

That's great news. Youngstown needs a police dog. It is ok to call in neighboring departments once in a while but in Youngstown they seem to call for a department with a dog constantly. It is a much needed addition to the police force.

Shirley

Not sure if this information is correct. I believe we were told it is about $10,000.00 for one dog. This would include training of the dog and the officer that would be handling the dog. I will try to find out for sure if this is correct.

AllanY2525

That's great news....but one question.  Shouldn't $5,000.00 buy more than ONE dog?

Down here in Maryland, even the best of thoroughbreds can be purchased for just under $1,000.00.
I do understand that police dogs receive special training, however.....maybe this is what makes them
so expensive.

Thoughts, anyone?

:)

Shirley

I know this is short notice. Youngstown Police will be receiving 5 thousand dollars from Milk Bone & Giant Eagle towards the purchase of a new police dog. There will a ceremony tomorrow Wednesday, November 8th at 10:00 AM at the Cornersburgh Giant Eagle.