News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

High School

Started by Towntalk, November 15, 2006, 06:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

That's okay - because in ten more years, most of the [FEW] remaining industrial jobs in
this country will have been out-sourced overseas anyways - we won't even be classified
as an "industrialized nation" any more at that point!

LOL

Allan
:)

Towntalk

Could someone tell me when our esteemed education systems changed 'High School diploma' to "High School Degree'?

What is a so-called "High School Degree" in ... sports ... choir ... sewing ...

When I was in High School it was just "High School Diploma" period while "Degrees" were reserved for Colleges and Universities.

It seems that the use of "High School Degree" is a feel good term that has absolutely no value, but then a whole lot has changed since I went to school ... Graduation exercises for Elementry School Students just to name one stupid thing ... a total waste of time in school systems that are turning out kids that can't read or write.

OH BY THE WAY THE UNITED STATES HAS FALLEN TO NUMBER 7 IN THE NUMBER OF COLLEGE GRADUATES, AND IN 10 YEARS WE WILL HAVE DROPPED TO NUMBER 10 AMONG THE THE INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS.