News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

MVHS

Started by Towntalk, October 14, 2015, 11:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I took a couple of photos of the Warren P. Williamson Jr.  residence shortly before it was
demolished - gave the photos to the folks in the carriage house at the Arms Museum.  I
had verified that this was his residence from an old city directory and, therefore, the likely
location of the first transmitter station for WKBN.

Sad that this piece of history is now lost.....

Towntalk

For those who are looking for something to do, might I suggest a visit to the Carrage House of the Mahoning Valley Historical Society on Youngstown's GLORIOUS AND HISTORICAL NORTH SIDE to see their exhibition on WKBN through the years. The Carrage House is located behind thew Arms Museum on WICK AVENUE on the city's NORTH SIDE, and while you are on WICK AVENUE you might also want to pay a visit to the HISTORIC BUTLER INSTITUTE OF AMERICAN ART.

NO WHERE ELSE IN THE CITY WILL YOU EVER FIND SO MUCH TO DO IN JUST A TWO BLOCK AREA AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, YOU SHOULD ALSO VISIT THE YSU ART GALLERY ACROSS THE STREET. BETWEEN THESE TWO GALLERYS YOU WILL SEE THE GREATEST WORKS OF ART IN AMERICA. ONLY ON YOUNGSTOWN'S NORTH SIDE.