News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Maple Syrup Project

Started by jay, December 17, 2013, 05:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I understand this grassroots project is now a success and more maple trees are needed other than Mill Creek Park.  How long will it take to plant and begin taking sap from maple trees?

jay

With a few days of below freezing temperatures in the forecast, the maple sap will not be flowing.  Maple syrup production should resume this weekend after temperatures rise into the 50s on Friday and Saturday.

jay

There's a nice story about the Rocky Ridge Maple Syrup Project in the Sunday, March 16, issue of the local newspaper.

jay

Some people already want to place orders for this year's maple syrup harvest.  I'm not sure if the group will do this.  I'll let everyone know when I find out.

jay

Residents of the Rocky Ridge Neighborhood are getting ready to start the 2014 maple syrup harvesting season.  The group's sugar shack should be available for maple syrup production by the end of January.  The Rocky Ridge Neighborhood harvests maple sap from neighborhood sugar maple trees and converts it into delicious maple syrup.