News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

B&O Banquet Hall?

Started by Rick Rowlands, August 27, 2006, 12:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

In an area like the Mahoning Valley where customers may not always have a lot of
"discretionary spending" money to spare, I'm sure that the market is highly competetive.
I wouldn't blame the B & O hall for not posting online - just like Forum Manager said,
it only gives the competition the opportunity to undercut their prices and steal their
business.

I wish the new proprietors of the B & O every success - this is a beautiful and historic
old building and I'm very happy to see it open for business again.  Now, if they could
put up some kind of web-driven interface for making reservations, etc it would probably be
great for their business.

:)

ForumManager

I know of a banquet hall that posted their prices on line and found that competitors were browsing their site and adjusting their prices accordingly. They removed the prices and stated that they would match competitors rates.  If you go on line and look at local banquet hall websites, you will see that most do not post their prices.
They all say to call for personalized attention.

Rick Rowlands

OK so how is someone supposed to make a decision about renting the place if their site doesn't include the rental fees?  I wish they would just state their rates up front.  Make it easy on prospective customers.

ForumManager

There is Bluesfest there today as I write.

Mahoning River Blues Festival
banquetatthebno.com
Mystery Dinners at banquetatthebno.com
Everyone is encouraged  to visit the front page of this website as well as this forum.
Links to both  the Bluesfest and to the Musical Murder Mystery dinners  at the B&O have been in the latest pics block for the entire  month of August.

AllanY2525

I've driven by th3 B & O Station several times this past week and have also noticed the
sign out front.  It looks like someone has applied a couple of coats of blacktop sealer
to the parking lot and repainted the parking space lines, also.

I sincerely wish the new proprietor(s) every success - the B & O is a treasured
historical landmark building - and the banquet hall idea sounds like a good one.  They
are probably only open on days when they have a reservation for private parties, etc.

This will keep their overhead costs as low as possible until they get enough business
to open up every day - most likely - but I'm only guessing here.  I was thinking about
renting out the B & O Station for a private gathering to celebrate the launch of my
business here in Youngstown.

:)

Rick Rowlands

So has the B&O opened back up?  I've seen the website but I don't know if I believe it.  The place has opened and closed so many times...